From: Kim Bratlie <eonic@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "running *short* on DMA" with gentoo 1.2 whereas gentoo 1.1a is OK
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:48:21
1 On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:23:14 +0000
2 "Michael R. Gayeski" <mrgayeski@×××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
5 > > Linux kernel != Windows kernel. You're comparing oranges & apples... ;)
6 > > No SMP. No VIA chipset. Purely an aic7xxx driver problem...
7 >
8 > I think he included that information to let us know that it was most likely a
9 > driver problem, instead of a hardware problem.
12 That is quite correct, mrg.
13
14 > --mrg
17 I have found out that drobbins and mjc are aware of the problem, that it is indeed a driver issue which will be fixed.
18
19 - Kim