From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Little respect towards Daniel please
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 11:52:30
1 On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 03:46:47AM +0100, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Bryan Østergaard napsal(a):
3 > > On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 11:31:56PM +0000, Hubert Mercier wrote:
4 > >> What is more, even if Gentoo is always growing, why are people leaving ?
5 > >> Personal reasons ? No, in fact I read carefully each of the retire mails
6 > >> in the last year : very often people are just fed up with conflicts,
7 > >> tired of people just slacking around, etc.. Are these last counted in
8 > >> "growing dev base" ? IMHO, Gentoo need a large rethinking of its internal
9 > >> structure, and, what is more, a rethinking of its recruitement process.
10 > >> But I remember that this point has already been discussed ?
11 > >>
12 > > Please don't base your entire opinion on those very few retirement
13 > > announcements you've seen. Most devs that retire simply run out of time
14 > > for gentoo due to real life commitments etc. or move on to other open
15 > > source projects.
16 > >
17 > > Regards,
18 > > Bryan Østergaard
19 >
20 > OK, let me get this straight... You are suggesting here that we are not
21 > losing enough developers for devrel/userrel to be bothered enough to
22 > start caring about WTH is going wrong here?
23 Not at all. But don't bother to read what I actually said. I'm sure that
24 would be way too much effort on your part.
25 >
26 > Sure, after Flameeyes left we have pam + alsa pretty much unmaintained,
27 > we've lost a key KDE + sound apps developer + BSD lead; next we've lost
28 > metalgod who was a member of already pretty understaffed Gnome herd, one
29 > of 3 members of media-optical herd and sounds apps maintainer as well.
30 > Then a developer and founder of this distribution who rejoined just
31 > about a week ago ran away, scared when seeing the state of things.
32 > That's just for the past month.
33 >
34 > And you come here to tell us that people shouldn't get confused by these
35 > 'very few' retirements, that the sun in still shining nicely and we are
36 > recruiting people as always? And that you will continue silently
37 > watching the trolls team associated around mips and ciaranm call people
38 > fuckheads, idiots and making a gutter of something that's supposed to be
39 > a development mailing list?
40 Never said anything like that.
41 >
42 > Ugh... well done.
43 And you grabbed the chance to completely distort what I'm saying once
44 again. Well done indeed.
45
46 Regards,
47 Bryan Østergaard