From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] emu downtime for kernel reboot tomorrow at approx 0100UTC
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:11:01
1 Emu will be going down for a reboot tomorrow (really tonight) at
2 approximately 0100UTC. Expected downtime is under 10 minutes. This is to
3 fix the recently-announced kernel exploit. During this time, irssi and
4 courier-imap will also be upgraded to newer versions that fix various bugs.
5
6 Also, you should expect downtime on short notice for all our other servers
7 over the next 23-48 hours. The kernel exploit is a local one, but we're
8 still going to upgrade everything just to be on the safe side.
9
10 --kurt