From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: mva@×××.name
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] SRC_URI behaviour
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 13:05:05
1 Dnia 2013-06-15, o godz. 15:56:53
2 "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <mva@×××.name> napisał(a):
3
4 > And, moreover, I guess, SRC_URI can even be used for VCS:
5 >
6 > SRC_URI="
7 > git+ssh://github.com/lol/moo.git
8 > hg+ssh://bitbucket.org/lol/moo
9 > svn+ssh://assembla.com/lol/moo
10 > "
11
12 It simply can't work. Don't even try to implement, it's waste of time.
13 Just grep the tree, see how various packages use VCS-es. There's too
14 many differences, too many needs and -- most importantly -- VCS-es
15 change over time much more quickly than, say, unpackers.
16
17 Even *if* we get a SRC_URI VCS support that works for all consumers,
18 and that'd be awfully hard to do properly, it will eventually stop
19 being 'good enough' and require further changes. It will just become
20 never-ending story for a minor benefit.
23 Best regards,
24 Michał Górny