From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Importance of SLOTs on Java dependencies
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 15:25:37
1 On Wed, 8 Apr 2015 17:10:30 +0200
2 Patrice Clement <monsieurp@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Tuesday 07 Apr 2015 20:41:05, Pacho Ramos wrote :
5 > > Wouldn't be possible to show a repoman warning when a dependency on
6 > > any dev-java/${PN} doesn't specify a SLOT? That would save of from
7 > > forgetting this in some years ;)
8 > >
9 > Chewi suggested a similar solution in #gentoo-java. How do we get
10 > started with contributing to repoman?
11
12 The change I intend to make is not to repoman but java-utils-2.eclass
13 where there is already a check to ensure that a dependency has been
14 added, it just doesn't check the SLOT at the moment. It outputs an
15 error message by default but dies if you have JAVA_PKG_STRICT set,
16 which all Java devs should do.
17
18 P.S. Quit top posting. :P
21 James Le Cuirot (chewi)