From: Andreas Schweitzer <andy@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 2 bugs and a bit
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 22:44:07
Hi,
I have 2 more glitches to report :-)
1 - /var/tmp was missing on my rc4_pre2
2 - xfree4 depends on freetype (xterm is linked against it)

And now the 'bit' : I have a hard time getting sound to work.
But I guess that may not be the most important :-)
I have a SoundBlaster AWE64 card and I'm new to ALSA.
I guess the first thing that  should be generic is to
put the sound devices in /etc/devfs.conf or to run
'snddevices' during setup.
Or am I completely wrong there ?
/proc/asound/* does tell me quite a bit about my soundcard, but
the ALSA tools won't talk to it. I don't really want
you to bother with my problem, but I think there is
something generic - like I the correct setup of /dev/

Cheers
Andreas

--
Department of Physics & Astronomy  and  Center for Simulational Physics
University of Georgia                          Phone ++1 (706) 542 5043