From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding users/groups in packages
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 06:40:40
1 On Saturday 20 April 2002 02:56, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > > While packaging tcb for secure Gentoo, I noticed it needed a group named
3 > > chkpwd. How should I handle this in the ebuild? I assume tcb is going to
4 > > be standard in secure Gentoo, so should this be handled in the ebuild at
5 > > all?
6 >
7 > You're quite right, it shouldn't be in an ebuild. You can have
8 > a nice pkg_postinst() function that checks to see if the chkpwd
9 > group exists and print a message to the user if it doesn't.
10 > Ultimately, though, we should add the chkpwd group to our
11 > /etc/passwd, which will solve the problem.
12
13 s/passwd/group/ ?
14
15 Yes, I also think that would be the best solution. Perhaps I could change
16 baselayout to add the group if the secure USE flag is enabled?
19 Joachim Blaabjerg
20 styx@×××××.org
21 www.SuxOS.org