From: Stephane Dudzinski <stephane@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev ML <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Website Translation
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 04:30:09
1 Hello All,
2
3 I've discovered Gentoo about nearly 2 weeks ago and been installing it on a
4 couple of machines since. I really like it and was thinking to translate the
5 site (beginning with the install guide) into French.
6
7 As i also own a domain (http://frlinux.net) i was wondering what are the plans
8 to host the French version, are there any plans yet ? I downloaded the
9 xml-latest snapshot to get a look at it and i want to begin to translate
10 stuff as soon as possible.
11
12 BTW, i'm a French man who's been living in Ireland for the last 5 years, so i
13 consider myself pretty much bi-lingual by now :)
14
15 So i guess the main questions are :
16 - Is there any translation in progress
17 - Where is the hosting supposed to be (http://www.gentoo.org/fr) ?
18 - Is there anything i should know before plunging into XML ?
19
20 Steph
21 --
23 "Linux philosophy: Do it Yourself" L. Torvalds
24 Stephane Dudzinski Systems Administrator
25 a n t e f a c t o t: +353 1 8586009
26 www.antefacto.com f: +353 1 8586014