From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] making the stable tree more up-to-date
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:41:19
On 2011-12-16 Fri 06:05, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> > That said, there is probably room for debate over the length of time > > we leave the bug open. Maybe a week isn't quite long enough - maybe > > two weeks is better.
When you do timeout a bug and assign it to arches, it would be great if you could assign it to *all* previously stable arches, not just x86 and amd64. I've reopened a few timed out bugs to add missing arches so arch teams can either drop keywords or stabilize. That way the tree as a whole can slowly improve rather then just letting x86/amd64 rocket ahead while having to keep all the old and often deprecated packages around anyway for all the other stable arches. Thanks, Tim