From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GPL and Source code providing
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:43:50
On Wednesday 28 June 2006 11:21, Mivz wrote:
> Does this obligation, to provide your own source, also count for a none > Gentoo developer making a overlay tree for one of his projects which is > licensed under de GPL-2? Because that is a derived distro form Gentoo > right?
The problem there is with binary packages. The problem does come down to, then, just GRP and other release methods, like solar's tinderbox and my Gentoo/Alt stages. For the rest, Gentoo uses sources, not binary packages. -- Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] GPL and Source code providing Mivz <mivz@×××××××××××××.net>