From: "Winans
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] no images in kde3 after latest libpng emerge
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:53:42
1 I emerge the latest ebuild for libpng and after my next reboot I noticed KDE
2 had lost all images (no images in menus, no splash, and no images in login
3 dialog).
4
5 After dumping the output from kdm into a file I noticed it was looking for a
6 symbolic link to libpng.so.2 which no longer existed. I created a link with
7 that name that pointed to the new shared object that libpng.so.3 pointed to.
8 Bingo... it worked.
9
10 Just to let you know if this becomes an issue in one of the lists.
11
12 Casey Winans
13 General Electric Transportation Systems
14 5300 Knowledge Parkway Suite 100
15 Erie, Pennsylvania 16510
16
17 Phone: 875-3615
18 Email: casey.winans@××××××××.com
19
20 > NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any document attached
21 > hereto is intended only for the named recipient(s). It is the property of
22 > the General Electric Company and shall not be used, disclosed or
23 > reproduced without the express written consent of the General Electric
24 > Company. If you are not the intended recipient (or the employee or agent
25 > responsible for delivering this message in confidence to the intended
26 > recipient(s)), you are hereby notified that you have received this
27 > transmittal in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or
28 > copying of this transmittal or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
29 > If you have received this transmittal and/or attachments in error, please
30 > notify me immediately by reply email or telephone 814-875-3615 and
31 > immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you.
32 >