From: Jean Jordaan <jean@×××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Stuff that makes people mad
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 16:03:11
1 > 3. Developers are busy
2
3 The fix is easy and hard. Easy: get a dedicated ebuild QA team
4 with a n-day turnaround time. Hard: who's gonna do that? If
5 some bigcorp is making money off "Enterprise Gentoo" then they
6 could sponsor a team. But building dependence on such
7 sponsorship into Gentoo infrastructure is a bad thing.
8
9 In the future of this thread ;>, someone will say:
10 > so we need 345 devs plus people to work on portage,
11
12 Perhaps it would be worthwhile to have a (Graphviz-generated :)
13 organisation tree for Gentoo, with flags for roles that lack
14 the required manpower, and recruitment drives to get volunteers
15 and sponsors ..
16
17 Hmm, this sounds like a social-engineering project next to
18 Gentoo. I know there are people who make their money just by
19 finding tax-deductable things for corporates to donate to ..
22 Jean Jordaan
23 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za
24 /training <-- Zope/Plone training!
25 /training/af <-- Nie af nie, Afrikaans.
29 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list