From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o, set@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Copyright
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 01:10:07
1 On Wednesday 14 August 2002 03:54, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2 > On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Paul wrote:
3 > > However, I see that the policy seems to be to rip
4 > > out any reference to my name/email, and slap a Gentoo Copyright
5 > > on them.
6 >
7 > This is plain wrong. Unless you have been contacted and agreed
8 > specifically to this, the developer has made a boo-boo. Ripping our the
9 > copyright is stealing.
10
11 Then I might have been the one making a boo-boo.
12
13 Paul; I committed your udftools ebuild the other day, is that the one in
14 question? What I did was ripping out the "Author:" note in the ebuild and
15 putting your name in the ChangeLog in stead, there was never any copyright
16 statement (not that I've seen anyway, please correct me if I'm wrong).
17
18 Here's the ebuild I committed:
19 http://bugs.gentoo.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=2903
20
21 If that's not what you were referring to, or if I'm just plain wrong, I'm
22 truely sorry. Gentoo wouldn't be anything without users submitting ebuilds.
23
24 Best Regards,