From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sawfish-0.38.ebuild
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 07:58:56
1 Daniel Robbins wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 09:00:15PM +0200, Achim Gottinger wrote:
4 >
5 > > you must define the order in the ebuild.
6 > > example:
7 > >
8 > > if [ "`use media/gdkpix`" ] ; then
9 > > myconf="--with-gdkpixbuf"
10 > > else
11 > > myconf="--without-gdkpixbuf"
12 > > if [ "`use gdkpixbuf`" ] ; then
13 > > myconf="--with-imlib"
14 > > fi
15 > > fi
16 > >
17 > > try ./configure .... $myconf
18 > >
19 > > bye achim~
20 >
21 > I have no idea what you mean by this, Achim.
22
23 well I have a typo in that example it should be `use media/gdkpixbuf`.
24
25 you can have both in use (gdkpixbuf and imlib) but normaly only one can
26 be used.
27 gdkpixbuf is the newer feature richer lib so in that example i first
28 check if we
29 have gdkpixbuf in use. if not I test if imlib is in use.
30
31 --- snip ------------
32 >gnome(libs,core) media(imlib,gdkpixbuf)
33
34 will this preserve order? as in, if I say "imlib,gdkpixbuf" will it
35 use imlib over gdkpixbuf where it can, and gdkpixbuf elsewhere?
36 ---- snap ------------
37
38 USE="media(imlib,gdkpixbuf)" defines both and does not care about in
39 which order they are defined
40
41 to test if you have media(imlib) i think we should use / instead of ()
42
43 like
44
45 `use media/imlib`
46
47 I don't think we need any other extra functionality in portage to take
48 care about the order of vars in USE.
49
50 bye achim~
56 > Best Regards,