From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MULTI_ABI support addition to main tree portage
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:11:47
1 Hi,
2
3 after testing this, and I have to say it mostly works smooth and fine, I
4 hit a huge problem.
5
6 I wanted to emerge a package which just depends on glibc provided libs
7 for the oposite ABI my main ABI is. This specific package has an
8 optional support for python which would require to have a second python
9 installation, so I disabled it. Nevertheless the package inherits the
10 python.eclass which DEPENDS on eselect-python, which DEPENDS on python.
11 Resulting in the need of a two ABI python installation although I don't
12 want python support.
13
14 To solve this there are two options:
15
16 1. Eclasses shouldn't be allowed to depend unconditionally on packages.
17 In case of python where there is PYTHON_DEPEND="python? X" it should be
18 doable.
19 2. USE dependend inherit of eclasses
22 justin