From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] manpages that requires dependencies
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:52:23
1 Hi everybody, a little question that I'd like to be answered (so that we can
2 make it a sort of rule).
3 How should manpages that are generated be managed?
4
5 The common sense and looking to other ebuilds would say to always build man
6 pages, but when it asks me to install something like docbook-sgml-utils, I'm
7 tempted not to do that ;)
8
9 The 'doc' useflag, as I see it, is not a good way to achieve that, as it's
10 already used for API documentation (unless we start create a "apidoc" useflag
11 instead, that would help, too). A 'man' useflag?
12
13 So people, flame on! [let's use the mailing list for some constructive
14 development things ;)]
17 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
18 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE