From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] manpages that requires dependencies
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 23:52:23
Hi everybody, a little question that I'd like to be answered (so that we can
make it a sort of rule).
How should manpages that are generated be managed?

The common sense and looking to other ebuilds would say to always build man
pages, but when it asks me to install something like docbook-sgml-utils, I'm
tempted not to do that ;)

The 'doc' useflag, as I see it, is not a good way to achieve that, as it's
already used for API documentation (unless we start create a "apidoc" useflag
instead, that would help, too). A 'man' useflag?

So people, flame on! [let's use the mailing list for some constructive
development things ;)]

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE