From: flameeyes@gmail.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?Q?Petten=C3=B2?=)
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: lzma tarball usage
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 10:50:29
1 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> writes:
2
3 >> So it would also be possible to compile "lzmadec" without any need for
4 >> C++. Just call "make" in subdirs liblzmadec and lzmadec.
5 >
6 > What about USE=decode-only or something similar for lzma-utils, then? If
7 > desired, it could even be masked on "normal" profiles, but would then be
8 > there for the embedded and releng folks.
9
10 USE=cxx should do just fine, it will disable the C++-related parts,
11 whatever they are. Sincerely I'd quite like to enable it on my vserver's
12 build chroots too.
13
14 (BTW I considered using lzma for backup compression, but I didn't get
15 much different results from bzip2 in term of size, but took quite longer
16 in case of compression... I still have some doubts whether lzma is worth
17 it).
20 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
21 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/