From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herds suck, fix them
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 06:27:14
1 On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:31:41 -0400
2 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > So apparently they suck, anyone have a new shiny idea on how to group
5 > packages and maintaining developers?
6
7 We could be boring and change "herd" to "packagegroup".
8
9 We could require that a herd mail alias be maintained for every herd,
10 with the same name as the herd, such that the herd alias lists the
11 maintainers of all packages in the herd. The list could include
12 project aliases and/or individuals. Then bug-wranglers can assign to
13 the relevant herd alias if no maintainer is listed in metadata, and let
14 the herd maintainers re-assign amongst themselves if appropriate.
17 Kevin F. Quinn