From: Nathan Zachary <kalos@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] about a new app
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:57:17
1 hiperon wrote:
2 > Hi you all,
3 >
4 > I am sorry for posting this question but I saw no other way (got
5 > really confused). I am developping an application (a text editor) and
6 > I would like to see it into Gentoo distro, but I can't really
7 > understand the way that thing goes. I read the documentation about how
8 > to make an ebuild file, but could not figured out how to submit it.
9 > Could you point me some directions, please, even if it is another
10 > maillist.
11 >
12 > sorry for the inconvenience.
13 >
14 > for whom might be interested:
15 > http://cafe.sourceforge.net
16 >
17 > --
18 > // // o __ _ _ __
19 > //=// // //_ / //_ //_ / // // //\ /
20 > // // // // //_ // \ //_// // \/
21 Hi there,
22
23 The best thing to do is to file a bug at http://bugs.gentoo.org
24 requesting that the application be added to the Portage tree. A Gentoo
25 developer can then make the ebuild file for you. If I get a little time
26 today to look at the source, I might be able to throw one together. The
27 best thing for you to do now though is to file the bug.
28
29 Hope that helps,
30 Nathan Zachary