From: Jeff Horelick <jdhore@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Any official position from Gentoo about systemd, mdev and udev-static ?
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:04:19
1 On 28 August 2012 12:59, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 08/28/2012 10:35 AM, Sylvain Alain wrote:
3 >> Hi everyone, I don't want to start a flamewar on that subject, but I would
4 >> like to know if there's any official position about the current situation.
5 >>
6 >> I saw on the forum this thread :
7 >> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-934678-highlight-.html and maybe it
8 >> could be part of a solution to have OpenRC and udev together.
9 >>
10 >> So, is there any developments lately ?
11 >>
12 >> Thanks !
13 >>
14 >> d2_racing
17 > Maybe something to get at least some general direction from council,
18 > though probably too technical.
19 >
20 > --
21 > -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)
24 I think this issue is currently in far too murky of a state to get any
25 well-informed issue from the council. Perhaps when the issues get
26 hammered out a bit more, but not currently.