From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GPL-2 vs GPL-2+
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 22:48:31
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Friday 22 December 2006 22:53, Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
3 >> While for the ones that support v2 or later (this is actually a special
4 >> case of multiple licensing) we do:
5 >>
6 >> LICENSE="GPL-2 GPL-3"
7 >>
8 >> when it becomes available?
9 > There is one problem at least for this: to apply this method you'd have to
10 > change _all_ the ebuilds in the tree referring to GPL-2 or later when GPL-3
11 > is published, while with GPL-2+ we can start gradually now.
12 >
13 > Also it would be more useful for users to know what can be licensed in 2+ and
14 > what requires 2 strictly.
15 >
16 GPL-2+ would need to be a license GROUP however.
17
18 Say I approve only GPL-3 packages (cause' I hate patents, and I dislike
19 having a working system too!). This would encompass anything strictly
20 GPL-3 and also anything GPL-2+ (which would then be under 3 at my option
21 in this case).
22 --
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list