From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Python 3.1: Stabilization and news item
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 18:38:36
1 On 3/4/10 7:22 PM, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis wrote:
2 > Setting Python 3.1 as main active version of Python is currently unsupported.
3 > When it will change, a separate news item will be created to notify users.
4
5 I'd suggest s/users/you
6
7 > 'eselect python COMMAND --python3 [ARGUMENTS]' can be used to manage
8 > configuration of active version of Python 3.
9
10 I'm confused by the above paragraph. I had to spend a longer while to
11 see that it really means "if you want to use eselect-python to manage
12 your python3 configuration, pass the --python3 switch". Before that I
13 wondered what is the meaning of COMMAND and ARGUMENTS. Would be nice to
14 make it more clear.
15
16 > Although Python 3.1 should not be set as main active version of Python, users
17 > should run python-updater after installation of Python 3.1. By default,
18
19 Again, IMHO s/users/you, or "please run".
20
21 > It is recommended to use a UTF-8 locale to avoid potential problems. Especially
22
23 Link to the UTF-8 guide please?
24
25 > C and POSIX locales are discouraged. If locale has not been explicitly set,
26 > then POSIX locale is used, so users should explicitly set locale. Problems
27
28 I'd suggest s/users/you, or maybe "make sure you have set locale".
29
30 > occuring only with non-UTF-8 locales should be reported directly to upstream
31
32 nit: occuring -> occurring
33
34 Paweł Hajdan jr