From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Cultural Differences (was: Suggestion: INVALID -> NOCHANGE in bugzilla)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 20:21:29
1 On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 17:53:51 +0300
2 Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > May be a little OT, but just two of four ancient-sayings:
5 > 1.Never accept things personaly (everyone is acting on his own
6 > motives); 2.Try not to make assumptions (just ask questions, till you
7 > get it). Clearly (from above, etc.) i'm not a native speaker, so
8 > forgive my wording. Hope you get the meaning ;)
9 > Better try to find common grounds, that assume something which (very
10 > often) isn't true at all.
11
12 Very true. My favourite approach is the traditional TCP/IP adage, "be
13 conservative in what you send, liberal in what you receive".
16 Kevin F. Quinn