From: "Alexander Færøy" <eroyf@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Another council topic for Feb
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 23:37:09
1 On Sat, Feb 03, 2007 at 01:19:58PM -0800, Mike Doty wrote:
2 > We're going to talk about arch keywording policies. IMO we should have
3 > a standard policy "if you own and use ${ARCH} then you may keyword your
4 > packages for ${ARCH}" with the exception of the sys-*/ categories.
5 >
6 > Speakup now to get your input in.
7
8 Developers can just make an agreement with an architecture team if they
9 own such box.
10
11 I would not like to see random people marking random stuff stable on the
12 architectures that I am an arch team member on.
13
14 Ciaran gives some very good examples for MIPS and Sparc. I really think
15 this would be a bad idea.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Alex