From: Ben Kohler <bkohler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing order of default virtual/udev provider
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 13:47:51
1 On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 7:39 AM, Richard Yao <ryao@g.o> wrote:
4 > I have no idea why we are even discussing the choice of default for
5 > virtual/udev to have subdiscussions about kdbus. Practically everyone on
6 > the list thinks eudev is the best choice.
9 I think a lot of us appreciate that eudev exists as a lifeboat or backup
10 plan, but want to wait until there's a real, obvious, technical reason to
11 switch. MOST of the reasons given have just been vague predictions of
12 future doom and gloom. And if we dare ask for more technical reasons, we
13 get berated for being a "systemd lover".
14
15 "Let's wait until udev becomes unusable" doesn't seem that unreasonable to
16 me, and it has nothing to do with being pro or anti systemd.
17
18 -Ben