From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [last rites] virtual/x11
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 02:43:05
1 Alec Warner wrote: [Sun Mar 25 2007, 09:08:01PM CDT]
2 > It's acceptable to me. I'd rather see us make progress than postpone
3 > changes for months while devs bicker about changes to be made. That would
4 > not be the case if say, people had the balls to just fix things in the
5 > tree. However we have this fun system where you have to incessantly
6 > contact the maintainer in order to get anything done lest they cry and
7 > moan and run to the council because 'you touched their precious package'.
8
9 Just for the record, that's not supposed to be "the system". The
10 reason we give such sweeping CVS privs is precisely so that people can
11 fix broken packages. Just don't break anything when you do it. If you
12 do, then you deserve to have the council thump you.
13
14 -g2boojum-
15 --
16 Grant Goodyear
17 Gentoo Developer
18 g2boojum@g.o
19 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
20 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76