From: Ivan Kerekes <ikerekes@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] build-ix86-1.0_rc6-r11
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 11:18:55
1 I tried rc6-r11, after bootstrap in the emerge system it faild in the config
2 of db-3 with an error message no strip utility found.
3 since the strip was there in the ./usr/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/strip I just
4 made a copy of it into /usr/bin/ and the emerge system is running happily now.
5 Myid you it will take a few gadzillion hours, the bootstrap took more than 4
6 hours on a IBM Aptiva E2U (K6-350) true enogh I am running the build in
7 Mandrake cooker 8.1 under KDE, (I like to see the webpage build.html at the
8 same time, my memory is not as used to be 30 years ago :-( )
9 Regard, Ivan Kerekes