From: Richard Yao <ryao@×××××××××××××.edu>
To: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Let's redesign the entire filesystem!
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 23:53:48
1 On 03/14/12 19:37, Greg KH wrote:
2 >> Portage provides use with the ability to do abstractions that other
3 >> distributions cannot do, such as permitting people to merge
4 >> /usr{bin,lib{32,64,},sbin} into /.
5 >
6 > Sure, but that doesn't mean that the packages that are being merged will
7 > actually work :)
8 >
9 > greg k-h
10
11 I proposed a way that this could work with no effort on the part of the
12 Gentoo developers in one of my earlier emails:
13