From: Arturas Baranauskas <arturas.baranauskas@×××××××.lt>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Cannot complete install of the v1.1a
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:37:47
1 Hello.
2
3 I have a problem with the installing of Gentoo Linux v1.1a.
4 I did everything as it was described on your web page, I just
5 skiped sections "from stage1 to stage2" and "from stage2 to
6 stage3" - the documentation says that it's not needed.
7
8 Then I set up the GRUB, reboot Gentoo Linux, and I get
9 error in this line (/boot/grub/menu.lst file):
10
11 kernel /boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda6
12
13 It says that "a file cannot be found" or something simmilar.
14 I checked the /boot directory - there is no file named bzImage.
15
16 What am I doing wrong ? Please, help me.
17
18 Thank you in advance.
19
20 Best regards,