From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LDFLAGS=-Wl,--hash-style=gnu
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:38:49
1 Doug Goldstein wrote:
2 > all,
3 >
4 > I'm at the point that -Wl,-O1 appears to be successful. It's time to
5 > toss on -Wl,--hash-style=gnu. The issue is that we need glibc 2.5 or
6 > higher and not mips. So one solution is to put the following:
7 >
8 > default/linux: LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1,--hash-style=gnu"
9 > default/linux/mips: LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
10 >
11 > However, this means we'll have to put a has_version check in
12 > profile.bashrc of default/linux, which seems a bit cludgy..
13 >
14 > Any suggestions? Comments?
15 Given the benefits vs the annoyances of not all platforms supporting it
16 and requiring 2 has_version checks in profile.bashrc. I'd be in favor of
17 skipping this flag from the defaults. Possibly adding a documentation
18 notice about it but that's it.
19 --
20 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list