From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge harmless buglet?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 10:43:26
1 begin quote
2 On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 04:28:17 +0200
3 Marius Mauch <genone@×××××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 > I didn't fix it so I can only guess: the -j option for tar is a GNU
7 > extension and portage aims at OS compatibility with *BSD, MacOS and
8 > cygwin, these systems are not using GNU tar by default. The pipe
9 > solutions should work on all these systems.
12 Does this mean we can start implementing "ln -s star tar" in our
13 systems? (star is another tar implementation thats more posix
14 compliant than GNU tar is. )
17 //Spider
22 begin .signature
23 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
25 end