From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: multiple inheritance support for profiles
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 21:13:16
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:24:49 -0700 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | Currently, portage only allows single inheritance in profiles, but
5 > | it's easy to enable multiple inheritance. In order to do this, we
6 > | only need to unconstrain the number of parents allowed in the parent
7 > | file (only 1 is currently allowed). When a parent file contains
8 > | multiple parents, parents listed later if the file will have the
9 > | ability to override those listed earlier in the file.
10
11 I still like Mixin's[1] with node deps ;)
12
13 [1]
14 http://dev.gentoo.org/~antarus/projects/portage/mixin-profiles/mixin-profiles.txt
15 --