From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] IMPORTANT: Change to CVSROOT variable for cvs.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 01:13:22
1 All --
2
3 In the past, we've maintained several bind mounts for CVSROOT for
4 compatibility reasons. This is causing some headers in ebuilds to have
5 '/var/cvsroot' while others have '/home/cvsroot'. This presents a problem
6 when it comes to signed packages and manifests.
7
8 So, we're consolidating onto one CVSROOT: /var/cvsroot.
9
10 WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
11 --------------------
12
13 * change your CVSROOT variable to point to /var/cvsroot. Mine is stored in
14 my ~/.bash_profile. I currently have:
15
16 export CVSROOT="klieber@××××××××××.org:/home/cvsroot"
17
18 In the new setup, I will have:
19
20 export CVSROOT="klieber@××××××××××.org:/var/cvsroot"
21
22 That's it. That's all you have to do. This path works now, so you can
23 make the change immediately.
26 WHEN YOU NEED TO DO THIS BY
27 ----------------------------
28
29 * Monday, June 7th at 0000UTC
32 WHAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO
33 ---------------------------
34 * complain about /var vs. /home vs. /server vs. /foo. Life is about
35 choices and I've made one here. Deal. :)
38 Starting Monday at 0001UTC, we will also be working on a fundraiser for
39 Gentoo Infrastructure. We will be charging $5 USD to any dev who ignores
40 this email and stumbles into IRC complaining loudly about their CVS access
41 no longer working. We anticipate raising at least $500 from this, which
42 will go straight to an evening full of beer, women and debauchery for the
43 -infra team at the upcoming LWE. Your help in funding this party is
44 appreciated.
45
46 --kurt