From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: glibc-2.26 and changes with SunRPC, libtirpc, ntirpc, libnsl (NIS and friends), ...
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 05:06:45
1 Andreas K. Huettel posted on Mon, 18 Sep 2017 11:56:30 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > It may not always be obvious where this is needed, since net-libs/libnsl
4 > is already pulled in deep in the dependency tree (my @system chroot has
5 > it).
6
7 FWIW, while it may be deep in the @system dependency tree, I don't have
8 libnsl installed here, so if it's not in @system directly, it's
9 apparently pulled into @system by USE deps of some sort, via USE flags
10 that aren't required to be on, in at least some reasonably general
11 purpose plasma desktop configurations.
12
13 (I run with no @system, having long ago negated the entire thing, at the
14 time via individual -pkg entries in /etc/portage/profile/packages, now
15 via a single -* entry, from the inherited profile and listed deps I
16 actually needed in sets pulled in by world_sets. And my global USE
17 starts with -*, adding only the flags I actually want/need, so whatever
18 USE is pulling it in obviously isn't something I wanted or found I needed
19 due to required-deps or something, here.)
24 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman