From: Ed Wildgoose <lists@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Baselayout-2 progress?
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:19:50
1 Benedikt Bšoehm wrote:
2 > Roy Marples schrieb:
3 >> [2] I use busybox as a shell and can support it when it's internal
4 >> start-stop-daemon applet disabled (as OpenRC has it's own variant). I
5 >> don't and probably never will support vserver personally, but will
6 >> work with Gentoo developers ensuring that at least one version works.
7 >> In other words, I'll try and support it but it may break from time to
8 >> time.
9 >>
10 > actually, baselayout-2 and openrc work great in vservers ... and it is
11 > kind of hard to break it, most things are just "cosmetic", so you
12 > don't get errors on vserver startup
13 >
14 > some (minor) cosmetic bugs still need to be fixed in openrc, but i'll
15 > send a patch to roy really soon now
16
17 This would be excellent.
18
19 Actually I can't believe that there are people who run "normal" servers
20 anymore. Vserver has such a small overhead and allows so many more
21 features that it's just a no brainer (for most servers). I have been
22 very very impressed with it!
23
24 Cheers
25