From: "Daniel Schömer" <daniel.schoemer@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Inotify and (f)crontabs
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 21:04:35
1 Ryan Reich wrote:
2 > On 7/1/07, Daniel Schömer <daniel.schoemer@×××.net> wrote:
3 >> Ryan Reich wrote:
4 >>> On 7/1/07, Daniel Schömer <daniel.schoemer@×××.net> wrote:
5 >>>> [...]
6 >>>> %daily * * run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily
7 >>>> [...]
8 >>> Less ambiguously a bug, though, is that the syslog will only
9 >>> record running run-parts and not which parts were run).
10 >> Would it be sufficient to let this also be done by run-parts?
11 >> [...]
12 > That works of course, though if you're at the point of
13 > modifying run-parts you might as well modify the crontabs
14 > setup.
15
16 Your're right. Since I have nearly zero practice creating
17 C-code, it would just be easier for me to create something
18 similiar to run-parts in shell or ruby. That shell or ruby
19 run-parts-thingy would be easier for me to modify than fcron.
20
21 > [...]
24 > If there's interest in incorporating this, I wouldn't mind
25 > testing my idea. [...]
26
27 I'm currently happy with run-parts. But please don't let me stop
28 you trying your idea. I will definitely give it a try.
29
30 Daniel Schömer
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list