From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: auto-detection of unpack dependencies
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:01:55
1 On 15-07-2008 19:53:47 +0200, Rémi Cardona wrote:
2 > Marius Mauch wrote:
3 >> Potential problems:
4 >> - might cause trouble for some packages that use custom code for
5 >> unpacking, or due to circular deps, this could simply be solved with a
6 >> new RESTRICT value though.
7 >
8 > As long as this is done to allow a 100% manual override, then this is a
9 > _very_ good idea.
10
11 Manual override as in "emerge --nodeps" or something. I have no
12 examples at hand, but during bootstrapping I have more than often a
13 problem with dependencies, which requires careful manual emerging of
14 packages (often ignoring deps) because those deps cannot be compiled
15 or emerged yet.
19 Fabian Groffen
20 Gentoo on a different level
21 --