From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] python and frieds installs test code
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 13:24:24
1 > On 22 Apr 2021, at 11:50, Joakim Tjernlund <Joakim.Tjernlund@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I have noted that python, portage and gentoolkit appers to install many MB of what appers
4 > to be test code:
5 > python: /usr/lib/python*/test, /usr/lib/python*/ctypes/test, /usr/lib/python*/lib2to3/tests,
6 > /usr/lib/python*/unittest, /usr/lib/python*/distutils/tests ...
7 >
8 > portage/gentoolkit: /usr/lib/python*/site-packages/portage/tests /usr/lib/python*/site-packages/gentoolkit/test ..
9 >
10 > Didn't look further, I guess there is more pkgs
11 >
12 > The question then is, are these required in a running system?
13
14 It’s possible that there are various dev-python/* packages which we need to strip tests out of, but the ones
15 you’ve listed aren’t ones we can fix AFAIK.
18 > Jocke