From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking modular X
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 07:37:24
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:16:38 -0800 Donnie Berkholz
3 > | I guarantee you that adding all of modular X to the virtual/x11 will
4 > | make this drag out for years, and THAT is unacceptable to me.
5 >
6 > Why must it drag out for years? There's no difference in the speed of
7 > porting between the solutions. The only difference is the impact upon
8 > end users.
9
10 And impact creates motivation. If it isn't literally broken, 95% of devs
11 just have better things to do than fix it.
12
13 Donnie