From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 00:34:08
1 On 03/22/2018 12:56 AM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman schrieb:
3 >
4 >> Actually, I think it is more of a technical constraint. It is
5 >> basically impossible to blacklist somebody on a mailing list, since
6 >> all they need to do is roll up a new email address.
7 >>
8 >> I can think of various arguments for whitelisting or not whitelisting,
9 >> but it seems silly to blacklist.
10 >
11 > And how often did it actually happen that blacklisting was evaded on -dev
12 > mailing list?
13
14 we are aware of at least one case of evasion like this within the
15 relatively near past, but it is more a matter of principle as we don't
16 know if there are sock-puppets etc around.
17
18 The main things is really, the bar for whiltelisting is very low, you
19 just need a current dev to vouch for you, which is similiar to editbugs
20 and the #-dev channel on IRC. Most discussion should anyways happen on
21 -project ML, whereby the -dev ML is technical in nature. So there isn't
22 any real restriction being imposed here.
23
24 Most contributions should happen via patches on b.g.o
27 Kristian Fiskerstrand
28 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
29 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3