From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of GLEP 16
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 11:58:08
1 On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 17:04 +0200, Alexander Gretencord wrote:
2
3 > Also, will there be a submenu like Ciaran McCreesh will implement for fluxbox
4 > in KDE/Gnome or will the applications be added to the normal menu structure?
5
6 Normal structure, that's the whole idea : to not have several layered
7 structures to support everything. How this will work out exactly I'm not
8 sure at this time. We probably don't want to show every possible item in
9 every situation (eg. get menu's filled with several similar text
10 editors), so some priority based system would be interesting.
11
12 In my opinion flubxbox (and other WM's) should adopt the menu completely
13 and not dump it in some submenu. The point of adapting Gentoo wide to
14 the specification is to get rid of such illogical constructs.
15
16 - foser