From: Jack Morgan <Jack.Morgan@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge update and the deletion of replaced packages
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 16:18:14
1 Nicholas Burlett wrote:
2 >
3 > When I recently ran emerge --update, it upgraded all of my installed
4 > packages that had new ebuilds, but didn't unmerge the duplicates. Is
5 > there a good way to automagically unmerge the older versions of the
6 > duplicates, or does this need to be done by hand?
7
8 Now wat to automagically do it, just manually. Read the Portage User
9 Guide
10 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/portage-user.html, as a hint try
11
12 ebuild /var/db/pkg/<directory>/<packagage>/package.ebuild unmerge
13
14 jack_morgan