From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] merging an ebuild that's there, but isn't there
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:49:11
1 On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 06:04:38PM -0500, David wrote:
2 > I want to install a lisp package so I can use it. I change directories to
3 > /usr/portage/dev-lisp/ and try to emerge sbcl/sbcl-0.6.12.ebuild only to
4 > find that
5 >
6 > !!! ebuild dev-lisp/sbcl-0.6.12 not found (possibly blocked by package.mask)
7 >
8 > Looking into portage/profiles/package.mask, I find no mention of any of
9 > the lisp ebuilds. I now have no idea what to do. Does anyone have a
10 > suggestion or explanation for what's happening?
11
12 Wow! You are our first Lisp user. I am the Lispmeister currently. Any bugs
13 you find are my fault.
14
15 As for the category, it has not been added to Portage yet. Use the manual
16 merging method for now. Since we've not had any Lisp users, priority has
17 been very low for this.
20 Kind regards,
21
22 Karl T