From: Keith Gross <grossk@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Misc questions on ebuilds
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:22:02
1 I'm trying to improve the ebuilds I've been writing by reviewing the existing
2 ebuilds but there seems they very widely. Everything from simple somewhat
3 crude examples that looksomething like my efforts to other that are much
4 larger and elaborate.
5
6 I'm wondering if someone with more experience might have a couple of ebuilds
7 they're particularly proud of that perhaps would make examples? I'd hate to
8 perpetuate practices that are no longer the proper way of doing things.
9
10 I was also wondering if portage has a standard method of specifying a menu
11 item or complete menu that should be created when the package is installed
12 that would work for multiple different desktop environments.