From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 55 - The Long Thread
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 16:05:03
1 Since there's so many places to comment and I have no intention of
2 hitting all these areas, I'll just create a new thread.
3
4 There's a lot to be said about being stuck in the "grand design
5 mindset". I know many Gentoo, Portage, Exherbo, and Paludis developers
6 are clearly coming to that point in their programming careers based on
7 the comments on this thread and other threads. I would just like to
8 caution everyone that they really need to get past this plateau in their
9 programming careers and get on to the real mindset that matters in the
10 future. The "use case" mindset.
11
12 I urge you all to sit down and hammer out real use case situations
13 instead of the idealistic "foo/bar/baz" concepts.
14 --
15 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list