From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo metastructure reform poll is open
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 16:23:17
1 On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 08:59 -0700, Jim Northrup wrote:
2 > might I suggest not kicking #gentoo-dev visitors who ask for voice to
3 > speak to the devs without a 'rtfm & go get a gentoo job' smokescreen ?
4 I hope this was only a misunderstanding / miscommunication.
5 #g-dev is already quite crowded and not a support channel like #gentoo.
6 So voice is only given when you can convince a dev that you have a
7 serious problem that can't be fixed by some RTFM'ing or the other
8 support channels (#gentoo, #gentoo-bugs, ...)
9 If your problem is "easy", #gentoo or RTFM works much better.
10
11 btw, hijacking a thread is also not "nice". Please start a new thread
12 when you wish to discuss a different problem and don't hijack another
13 thread for that ...
14
15 hth,
16 Patrick (bonsaikitten)
17 --
18 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move