From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [2&3]/3 API & files
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 01:21:29
1 > Special pages and contents
2 > --------------------------
3 > herds.xml, repositories.xml, etc.:
4 > As these are intended for other applications to use, these should go to
5 > a new site, possibly api.gentoo.org, initially fed from a git repository.
6 > This site should get backed by SSL.
7 Here's a partial list of the ones I know about:
8 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/repositories.xml
9 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/treecleaners/maintainer-needed.xml
10 http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors3.xml
11 Both of these are broken I think:
12 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/perl/outdated-cpan-packages.xml
13 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/perl/outdated-cpan-packages-perl-experimental.xml
14
15 - Do you know of more?
16 - How can we better encourage these to move to an API site?
17 - Some of these are meant for human consumption, others are meant for
18 tool consumption, should be differentiate?
19
20 > Image resources:
21 > These can be uploaded to the Wiki.
22 How can we ensure later that the media files don't get deleted?
23
24 > Other files and downloads:
25 > Until proper project file hosting is implemented, again a simple
26 > git-backed static site, possibly projects.gentoo.org.
27 Please don't put lots of binary files in Git.
30 Robin Hugh Johnson
31 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
32 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
33 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85