From: donnie berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage-ng question
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 21:53:39
1 "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××.net> wrote:
2 > As part of the upgrade to portage will there be tools that let us work
3 > with UNinstalled packages? There are tools now like qpk, epm, etc. but
4 > they have to have the package installed before you can get useful
5 > information and many times we don't want to install a package which
6 > might have oodles of dependencies installed with it.
7
8 The only logical way to do this I can think of is to base it on what's in
9 GRP packages. Since they aren't available for everything in the tree, that
10 limits what could be done on uninstalled packages.
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list