From: George Prowse <george.prowse@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:03:50
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:32:35 +0100
3 > George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> If the bickering is stopping development then maybe it should be
5 >> given to a 3rd party to complete and have the last word.
6 >
7 > Considering third parties have at best contributed a few small patches,
8 > I don't see that getting very far... If a third party's genuinely
9 > prepared to take over and do the work they're more than welcome to.
10 >
11 I dont see that the work isn't done, I see arguing about standards and
12 implementations and as there is 3 voices in this and little is being
13 decided then anything that can't be sorted should be submitted for
14 review and decisions taken.
15
16 There are things that I don't understand about the EAPI structure (why
17 versions may be incompatible with each other) but it seems like we are
18 heading for differing standards soon.
19
20 Feel free to flame and call me a fool...
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list