From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LICENSE and revbumps
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:45:10
1 Ryan Hill wrote:
2 > On the other hand, it also seems completely ridiculous from a practical
3 > POV to have to wait 30 days (and waste arch team resources) to fix an
4 > incorrect licence on a stable package.
5
6 And have everyone recompile the package, thus wasting cpu cycles and
7 users' time.
8
9 I would have to imagine that if upstream changed the license that the
10 old installation would be covered by the old license. What do binary
11 distributions do if an upstream changes the license? ;) Or are we
12 talking about dev error here?
13
14 -Jeremy